Eligibility WorkerNobles County Admin
Apply Now for this Exciting Career Opportunity!
Eligibility Worker - Applies program eligibility criteria to individual client situations and facilitates applicant eligibility for available state and federal program assistance.
Qualifications: High School diploma, minimum of three years clerical or experience working with the public or two years clerical experience in social services/human services agency, valid driver's license. Bi-lingual preferred.
Examples of Duties:
- Interviews clients to obtain necessary factual information, and verifies information received from clients
- Determines eligibility and the amount of benefits for a variety of income maintenance programs, including cash, food, medical and childcare assistance
- Explains application procedures to individuals or groups and answers questions of individuals on how to complete the application forms
- Communicates program time limits, expectations and other program requirements to the client, and serves as the central point of communication for financial, childcare and employment services
- Advises clients on viable life options and promotes self-sufficiency
- Informs applicants about managed health care, determines eligibility for enrollment in managed health care, determines the most cost-effective insurance, and resolves problems and questions from health plans, health care providers, enrollees, and other staff
- Performs data entry into multiple counties and state computer systems and retrieves information from those systems
- Three (3) years of clerical experience and/or experience working with the public, or some combination of the two, totaling three years
- Two (2) years of clerical experience in a social services/human services agency
- Two (2) years of study at an accredited two or four-year college or university or similar institution, with an emphasis on the behavioral sciences, business, or closely related subjects (at least 23 quarter credits or 16-semester credits) (must attach transcript).
- Successful completion of the technical college Human Services Eligibility Worker diploma program (applicants must be within six months of completion of the program)(must attach transcript).