Adjunct Nursing Clinical Instructor
9 mos, Non Tenure-Track
- BSN from an accredited institution.
- Must be willing to obtain Master’s degree within 5 years of hire.
- A minimum of two (2) years full-time clinical experience in medical surgical nursing or specialty area to provide clinical instruction.
- Current New Mexico licensure, or a compact state license, or eligibility to obtain a New Mexico license to practice as a registered nurse.
- Under the general supervision of the nursing program director or designated nursing faculty mentor, the successful applicant will have part-time, as needed, clinical nursing responsibilities in the areas of medical surgical, psychiatric, or maternal/child nursing (as designated).
- Teaching assignments will include student patient assignments, clinical supervision, counseling and evaluation, pre- and post-conference student sessions, and grading of care plans.
- Clinical teaching assignments will be based upon an hourly wage accounting for preparation, instruction, evaluation, counseling, and grading.
- The successful candidate will be expected to assume clinical and adjunct nursing duties and responsibilities required of nursing faculty, including evening and weekend instruction if needed.
Clinical schedules vary. Salary commensurate with education and experience – hourly wage.
In the Spring of 2022, NMSU Carlsbad will become an independent community college, Southeast New Mexico College. All NMSU Carlsbad employees will transfer to Southeast New Mexico College during this
time. Click apply to submit an application and the required documentation online.
NMSU is an EEO/AA Employer