Health / Pre-medical Assist InstructorNewport School District
The Newport School District is accepting online applications for the following position:
- Health / Pre-medical Assist Instructor (0.67 FTE)
1. Demonstrate effective classroom-based teaching practices in health science subjects to freshmen students and Pre-Medical Assist content to juniors and seniors.
2. Develop and maintain industry relevant curriculum units and lesson plans, including effective student assessment on health science and CTE standards and while also addressing the individual learning needs of students.
3. Communicate student assessment goals and progress to students and families.
4. Provide appropriate safety instruction for students, conduct safety checks on equipment, and provide supervision and classroom environment to maximize student safety. This includes establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive learning environment.
5. Identify student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems, meeting with parents and special services staff on a regular basis when requested.
6. Provide academic guidance and counseling for students under his/her direction and communicates with parents and student counselor concerning academic progress.
7. Work with the local medical industry including the Program Advisory Committee, Career and Technical Education (CTE) Director, professional associations, and post-secondary institutions to develop and maintain integrated, relevant academic, employability, and technical student learning competencies for health sciences.
8. Take primary responsibility for ensuring that the program curriculum and activities meet all state and federal CTE Health Science requirements and students are prepared for Medical Assist apprenticeships.
9. Develop and implement effective leadership and work based learning opportunities for all students, including assisting with the co-curricular HOSA-Future Health Professionals chapter.
10. Work as an effective member of the CTE (Career and Technical Educator) team to evaluate, market, and improve the assigned program, communicating the CTE Program to patrons and stakeholders.
11. Requisition supplies, equipment, and instructional materials; maintains required inventory records. Maintaining use, control, and storage of school-owned property.
12. Maintain and promote own personal professional growth through appropriate workshops, reading of professional materials and participating in professional development opportunities. Stay current with technological and practical advances in the health sciences and maintain professional certification and proficiency in required areas.
13. Promote and implement the District’s educational and accreditation goals and philosophies through parent conferences and related activities.
14. Perform other related duties as required.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.