I-BEST Instructor #2100558S
Requisition Number: 2100558S
Classification Title: Teacher, Senior
Position Job Title: I-BEST Instructor
College/Division: ALCC Alamogordo CC
Department: 920070-ALCC Reg Academic Instruction
Position Number: 729993
Internal or External Search: External - Open to all applicants
Appointment: Full-time Equivalency 1.00
Reports To Position: Title Director, Allied Health
- Target Hourly/Salary Rate 37,271
- Pay Level 07
- Pay Base Salary
New Mexico State University Alamogordo is a comprehensive community college accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Universities. NMSU-A is classified as a Hispanic-serving institution (HSI) by the federal government. The total Hispanic student population is over 37%.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Participate as an equal partner with a minimum of 20% instructional overlap in Allied Health courses identified as I-BEST courses as an equal partner in instruction.
- I-BEST faculty will participate as equal partners in creating and providing a joint program of instruction resulting in both pre-college and workforce skills gains.
Collaborates with content area faculty (instructors) to develop contextualized and integrated course syllabi, curriculum development, and lesson plans.
- Co-teaches healthcare classes with the content area faculty, providing support with reading, writing, math, comprehension, and management of college course/s.
- Collaborates with content area faculty on developing and implementing student needs assessment instrument/s which serve to identify student baseline knowledge and learning progression.
- Maintain quality assurance of Allied Health courses by collaborative efforts in course assessment/s, self-analysis and evaluation, observation and study of new instructional techniques, use of technology where applicable for the purpose of learning enhancement, updates course content/materials, and attending Allied Health faculty meetings.
- Administer identified tests to determine I-BEST service needs.
- Designs, develops, and delivers educational programs.
- May work on an on-call, short-duration basis within defined subject matter areas and program objectives.
Classification Standard Duties
- Develops lesson plans and implements curriculum for targeted student audiences within areas of expertise.
- Teaches students in a classroom setting; assists with presenting and reinforcing learning concepts within a specified subject or subject area.
- Advises and supports student academic success in subject area; provides an environment for academic growth and personal development for students.
- Oversees classroom management on a daily basis.
- Maintains student academic records and record-keeping ledgers for students participating in the program.
- Distributes supplemental assignments to students when needed and as appropriate to the target student population.
- Performs evaluations of classes taught for inclusion in academic progress reviews.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning concepts relevant to elementary and/or secondary level students.
- Working knowledge and understanding of pre-college educational programs.
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, and laws regarding student academic records.
- Highly developed curriculum development skills within area of subject matter expertise.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Analytical, evaluative, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to teach elementary, middle, and/or high school age students within specified area of subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to implement positive classroom arrangement techniques with a diverse student population.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience directly related to the standard duties as outlined.
Click "Apply" to submit your information for consideration today.