Candidates will perform intermediate human support work monitoring students' academic and behavior Individualized Education Plans (IEPs), and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Principal.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Follows student Individualized Education Plan (IEP); monitors student behaviors and redirects when required; uses CPI with student when necessary; communicates with classroom teacher and case manager; attends IEP meetings as requested.
* Supervises morning, lunchroom, recess, after school and bathroom breaks.
* Assists students with clothing (shoes, zippers, gloves etc.); assists students walking to classrooms and lunchroom etc.
* Assists students with class work throughout the day (math, spelling, reading etc.); ensures students attend Special
* Education sessions and sensory breaks; monitors student schedules throughout the day; charts sensory breaks; monitors students with medical conditions.
* Completes, time study, and student chart for third party billing.
* Monitors students with medical conditions; provides medication in the absence of the School Nurse; administers minor First Aid when required.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* General knowledge of IEP and third party billing; thorough knowledge of behavior plans; thorough knowledge of standard office equipment and software; ability to make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals; ability to compute rates, ratios and percentages; ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationship with co-workers, students, parents and elected officials.