Farmer, LPN/Medical Incident Management Coordinator, Registered NursesNew Hope Community, Inc.
New Hope Community, Inc., a Premiere Human Services Agency in the Hudson Valley supporting over 240 people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities in residential and other settings currently has the following positions available:
The Farmer will run Hope Farm and is in charge of a full spectrum of farm responsibilities. Hope Farm is an organic farm that was created in collaboration between New Hope Community and SUNY Sullivan. It is cultivated on a three-acre plot on the college campus. It offers educational, therapeutic and recreation benefits to people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities (I/DD).
We are looking for a self-motivated and passionate candidate who understands community engagement, participation and works toward a common goal of growing organic food, advancing knowledge and fostering full community membership for individuals with I/DD.
- High School Diploma/GED
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working on a producing farm is preferred.
Experience with the following is preferred: Community-supported agriculture (CSA) Permaculture design Organic farming.
LPN/Medical Incident Management Coordinator
This exciting opportunity is for an experienced Licensed Practical Nurse with strong knowledge of OPWDD regulations. The Medical Incident Management Coordinator is a trained agency investigator for Reportable Incidents.
Some responsibilities include:
- Investigation and follow up of all Reportable Incidents as per OPWDD Part 624 regulations and agency policy.
- Monitor all injuries sustained by people supported within the agency.
- Facilitate and assist in abuse prevention trainings.
- Provide oversight of the agency reportable hotline.
- Valid NYS Nursing License
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
Fulltime Registered Nurses
Newly Graduated RNs Welcome! As an essential team member of the Health Services Department, the Registered Nurse (RN) will ensure that the people that we support at New Hope Community receive the highest quality of health care by providing exceptional nursing services and medical management.
The Registered Nurse candidate must be a compassionate team player with excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Valid New York State Nursing License
- Clinical and medical experience is pertinent.
- Experience working with people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities is preferred.
We are currently seeking Maintenance Associates to work in our Facilities Department. Candidates should have extensive experience in carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, ventilation systems and grounds maintenance. High School Diploma/GED required.
Direct Support Professional Fulltime, Relief, Residential, Day Program, Evening & Overnight Positions Available!
DSPs are the people who work closest to the people we support and provide them with the motivation, instruction and guidance to accomplish their goals and achieve success and fulfillment in daily living. High School Diploma/GED required. No experience necessary!
Fulltime positions include a $600 Sign-on bonus
The Benefits of Working at New Hope Community at a Glance:
Free for Employee:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- 50K Life Insurance
- Onsite Fitness Center with Certified Instructors
- Employee Assistance Program
- Working Advantage & Ultimate Discounts
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% Agency Funded Retirement Plan
- Employee Referral Plus Many More Fringe Benefits!
Clean/Valid NYS Driver’s License For 1 Year
Completion of 11 Day Paid Orientation
5 New Hope Community Drive State Route 52 P.O. Box 289 Loch Sheldrake, NY 12759