Neptune City School District seeks full time School Nurse position for the 2021-2022 school year.
Position Purpose: The school nurse protects and promotes student health, facilitates optimal development, and supports academic success. School nurses are grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice and are the leaders who bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to a design system that allows individuals and communities to develop their full potential.
Knowledge Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability and patience to work interactively with students.
• Excellent attendance record.
• Skill in organization, time management, communication, and positive interpersonal skills.
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication.
Essential Performance Responsibilities:
• Provides nursing/health care for children of various ages with varied medical issues.
• Provides on-site health assessments and develops/implements appropriate emergency health care plans.
• Continual maintenance of cumulative student health records according to statutory requirements.
Posting remains active until the position is filled.