Overnight Machine Operator
Overnight Machine Operator
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you consider yourself a hands-on person? Have you operated a picker, tow-tractor, pole lift, squeeze, or pallet jack? Do you enjoy taking yourself to new heights…literally! If so, our Warehouse Specialist could be the perfect fit for you. You will safely handle and transport our product within our warehouse. This warehouse position is eligible for a $150 incentive per pay period and a staffing incentive averaging *$160 per pay period.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Operate: Scan equipment to locate, pick, bin and cycle product
- Safety: Handle product in a safe and secure manner and observe material handling safety practices
- Accuracy: Locate and return-to-stock, received goods and transferred product into appropriate areas
- Report: Conduct driver load exception reports insuring all products have been picked and binned for accountable processes
- Monitor: Track daily progress and immediately report discrepancies, errors or potential roadblocks to supervisor
Your work as a Machine Operator in our warehouse will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- 1-year warehouse experience
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Ability to work in high places
- Machine operations experience preferred
- Ability to lift/push/pull required weights
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
- As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay
- Health, dental, vision and life Insurance
- Paid holiday and paid time off
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff has saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid training
- 401(k) with company matching
- Short and long-term disability
- Employee assistance program
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Community volunteer opportunities
- Sign on bonus is scheduled to be paid on first paycheck
- Staff member must be employed at the time of payout
- Sign on bonus is taxable
*The $160 staffing incentive is the average paid to staff from May 30 to September 18, 2022. This staffing incentive fluctuates based on staffing.
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position please click the APPLY!