Delivery Prep Specialist
Delivery Prep Specialist
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $18.30 - 22.77 hourly
Delivery Prep Specialist Position qualifies for $2,500 SIGN ON Bonus!
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you have an eye for details? Then Nebraska Furniture Mart’s Delivery Preparation team is the perfect fit for you! You will assemble and inspect product to ensure the merchandise is perfect before being delivered to our customers, all while enjoying our fast paced, team-oriented environment.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Safety First: Handling products so you are safe and the product is damage free
- Work Smarter, Not Harder: Safely use mechanical aids (flats, dollys, box cutters, power tools, etc.)
- Set the Stage: Assemble product using hand tools and detailed instructions
- Make it Flawless: Inspect your work to ensure the product looks and works like it was custom made to fit in the home
As a Delivery Prep Specialist, your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Must be 18 years of age
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- 6 months’ labor or warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to use basic hand tools preferred
- Ability to lift, push, pull required weights per established requirements for the department
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
- Sign on bonus is scheduled to be paid on first paycheck
- staff member must be employed at the time of payout
- Sign on bonus is taxable
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information and to apply for this position please click the APPLY!