Associate Minerals Auditor
THE NAVAJO NATION
Department of Personnel Management
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
REQUISITION NC: DNR01223659 DATE POSTED: 05/11/22
POSITION NO: 946307 CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
POSITION TITLE: Associate Minerals Auditor (5 Positions)
DEPARTMENT NAME / WORKSITE: Minerals Department/Window Rock, Arizona
WORK-DAYS: Monday - Friday
REGULAR FULL TIME
WORK HOURS: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
$ 43,555.68 PER ANNUM/$ 20.86 PER HOUR
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform audits to ensure companies producing minerals on the Navajo Nation are in compliance with applicable Federal and Navajo Nation Laws, regulations, lease terms, policies and procedures.
- Audits performed by Incumbent will consist of verifying minerals to ensure accurate volumes and values are reported to the governing agency, and to ensure royalties are correctly remitted to the Navajo Nation.
- In addition, Incumbent will ensure company compliance with other associated lease obligations, such as lease rental, scholarship, minimum royalties, etc.
- Audits will be performed through research, gathering of documents, and reviewing documents provided by the companies.
- Incumbent will be assigned other duties to ensure Incumbent is in compliance with Navajo Nation policies and procedures, governing agency requirements, internal audit requirements, etc.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Experience and Training)
* A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administrative or closely related field that includes twenty-four (24) college credit hours in accounting or auditing; or an equivalent combination of education an experience.
* Incumbents must meet Qualifications Requirements and must perform duties in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States as set forth under the Minerals Audit Program's Cooperative Agreement.
* A favorable background investigation.
* Possess a valid state driver license.
(To receive full credit for education, certification, or licensure, transcripts, copies of degrees, certificates, and other appropriate documents must be submitted along with employment application.)
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General knowledge of Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards; audit theory and practices; analytical skills; and oral and written communications skills.
THE NAVAJO NATION GIVES PREFERENCE TO ELIGIBLE AND QUALIFIED APPLICANTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE NAVAJO PREFERENCE IN EMPLOYMENT ACT AND VETERANS' PREFERENCE.
Click APPLY within to be considered today!