Staff Nurse IIINatividad Medical Center
Staff Nurse III
Outpatient Surgical Services/Endoscopy Unit Priority
Screening Date: March 14, 2019
Bring your career to Natividad in this full-time Staff Nurse III position in our Outpatient Surgical Services / Endoscopy Unit.
Requires current CA RN license and 1 year of full-time nursing experience.
Examples of Duties:
- Serves as resource person and provides orientation and training to new staff, residents, medical and nursing students.
- May serve as charge nurse in the absence of Supervisor by assuming unit specific operational activities.
- Provides overall patient care appropriate to the nursing care plan.
- Provides teaching and support to the patient and family.
- Notifies Supervisor & Health Care provider of negative change in patient status in a timely manner.
- Understanding, communicates, and applies pharmacokinetics and safe administration of common medications used for the treatment of patients on their units.
- Safely administer routine Medications by PO, IM SQ & rectal routes.
- Maintain a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients & families in accordance with hospital standards.
- Properly prepare, hang, monitor and discontinue IV fluids and blood/blood components.
- Acts as a patient advocate & assists physician with patients.
- Develops a written plan of care & completes accurate documentation of patient care.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the patient as status changes.
- Communicates to the supervising RN the need to change a course of nursing actions based upon change in the patient's condition.
- Demonstrates ability to follow chain of command, as situation demands and delegates appropriately to the CNA or MUC.
- Evaluates patient response to pain interventions including pharmacological and non-pharmacological.
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/H/V