Nurse Practitioner IIINatividad Medical Center
Nurse Practitioner III
Priority Screening Date: March 18, 2019 $5,000 Sign-On Bonus Bring your career to Natividad in this full-time Nurse Practitioner III opening in our Trauma Services Department. Responsible for performing examinations, diagnoses, treatment, rehabilitation and support services for trauma patients. Requires a CA RN and Acute Care Nurse Practitioner license, a valid DEA number and certificate, and ATLS certification within 6 months of hire.
Examples of Duties
- Assesses the health of patients by taking a complete medical history, doing a physical examination, initiating screening and diagnostic procedures etc.; evaluates results of clinical findings and laboratory tests; reports any abnormalities to a physician.
- Identifies and manages in collaboration with a physician, patients health problems and/or conditions and refers any that require immediate medical attention to the appropriate practicing physician; assumes on-going responsibility for follow-ups.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health professionals regarding health problems and conditions following established protocol relative to diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Counsels parents or other family members regarding health maintenance in the area of specialization.
- Coordinates and facilitates referrals to other health or social agencies; maintains accurate records of assessments, follow-ups and evaluations.
- May supervise the work of subordinate health workers and participate in professional and administrative meetings.
- Serves as a clinical expert resource to staff and other hospital departments.
- Oversees and manages care to patients requiring extensive fluid and electrolyte management.