Business Office Assitant
Position: Business Office Assistant
Reports to: Payroll Specialist
Work Week: Non-Exempt position; full-time 40 hours per week
Work Location: Headquarters Office, Cary, NC (Not Remote)
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a confidential, proactive assistant to the Business Operations team by exercising a high level of personal initiative and responsibility; projecting professionalism in contact with staff members, member company representatives, and others; and providing error-free support, records management, accounts review, among others.
- Backup to Payroll Specialist by processing accurate payroll, which includes:
- Updating personal, leave, and payroll information in the ADP payroll database.
- Entering time reporting information and transmitting payroll data.
- Reviewing payroll information produced by ADP for accuracy and completeness.
- Processing manual payroll checks and voids/stop payments as needed.
- Producing semi-monthly Excel spreadsheets of 401(k) withholding and employer contributions.
- Preparing leave reports for each department quarterly.
- Prepare of various reports as required by State and Federal agencies.
- Backup to Receptionist
- Provide basic accounting assistance as needed; for example, preparing invoices, and review and approve expense reimbursements in Tallie and accounts payable in Bill.com
- Responsible for maintenance of business office files (both hardcopy and electronic) and records retention for the department, including active files, storage, and systematic purging.
- Produce Excel spreadsheets as needed for the business office.
- Undertake additional activities as assigned, including assistance with grants and agreements.
- Responsible for coordinating annual review of staff driving records.
- Maintain retiree and separated employee contacts list.
- Read, absorb, process, and communicate complex information.
- Must be able to get to and work from the Headquarters Office in Cary, NC.
- COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Ability to organize complex tasks and deliver error-free work products under challenging time deadlines.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) for word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of standard office procedures and policies, office equipment operation, and English grammar and syntax.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Five years’ experience as an administrative assistant, payroll administrator, or bookkeeper, demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and accomplishment.
- Professional demeanor, a demonstrable ability to hold information in confidence, ability to work effectively with others, and evidence of organizational skills, personal initiative, and high standards for work quality.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with the ADP payroll software, Bill.com, Tallie, and Intacct.
- Experience with grant administration preferred.