General Maintenance Workers / Custodians
- Clean all study rooms, utility rooms, recreation areas, corridors, hallways, storage rooms, lounges, elevators, laundry rooms, reception areas, and offices.
- Vacuum and edge all necessary areas
- Sweep, mop, and buff all necessary areas
- Empty and clean trash receptacles
- Clean and disinfect water fountains
- Dust and mop all stairwells, window sills, door hardware, and radiator tops.
- Clean garbage storage areas and remove trash on the grounds surrounding the building exterior.
- Clean all restrooms so they are maintained in a sanitary, hygienic condition
- Empty and clean trash and sanitary receptacles
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clean and disinfect all urinals, showers, stools, sinks, and toilets
- Refill toilet paper, sanitary receptacle bags, paper towels, and soap as needed
- Detect Faults and breakdowns and report them to the proper authority. Replace burned out light bulbs and tubes.
- Ensure the buildings and areas in which you work operate efficiently.
- Report to supervisor any hazardous conditions.
- Burned out light bulbs and tubes will be replaced expediently.
- Perform special tasks during University breaks so that hygienic conditions exist continually.
- Shampoo all carpets in all public areas.
- Scrub and wax all areas not carpeted.
- Clean all walls.
- Clean all restrooms.
- Perform special tasks during summer break so that hygienic conditions will be maintained without interruption in areas.
- Spot clean walls in student rooms, corridors, stairwells, study rooms, utility rooms, kitchens, and lounges.
- Scrub, strip, wax and/or shampoo all floors in student rooms, corridors, study rooms, utility rooms, stairwells, kitchens, and lounges.
- Clean all doors and door hardware.
- Clean all desks, chairs, closets, and drawers.
- Wash all shelves and cupboards in the rooms.
- Wash all stairwells and handrails.
- Dust all student rooms.
- Clean windows and blinds.
- Perform other related maintenance duties when needed.
- Clean snow, ice, and obstructive material when needed.
- Maintain equipment, inventory, and supplies.
- Perform special related tasks as assigned.
- Perform minor repairs and assist General Repair Workers in installation of mirrors, chalkboard, marker boards, bulletin boards, and other items requiring placement by two or more people.
- Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
- Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
- Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to use effectively and operate safely and to make minor repairs.
- Physical health and endurance sufficient to perform work functions.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
- Ability to keep simple records.
- Repetitive bending and/or twisting, reaching overhead, lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling frequently, sweeping, mopping, shoveling snow, performing minor repairs and working in enclosed areas.
- This position requires successful completion of a criminal background check prior to the start date of the position.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Accepting applications through August 30, 2020.
Please contact Human Resources at 218.477.2157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
MSUM is an equal opportunity educator and employer and is a member of the Minnesota State College & Universities System.