Secretary (Guidance Office)Morris County Vocational School District
Secretary (Guidance Office)
Morris County Vocational School District, Denville Full Time,12-month position available immediately.
1. High School diploma and/or experience in secretarial skills (guidance or school experience preferred).
2. Excellent computer skills including proficiency with all Microsoft Office™ programs and the ability to operate office machinery including fax/copy/scanner machine.
3. Good record keeping skills and ability to maintain well-organized files.
4. Knowledge of student information computer systems preferred.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to communicate with parents, students, teachers, staff and the public.
Reports to: Director of Student Services & Special Education
Job Goal: To assure the smooth and efficient operation of the MCST School Counseling/Guidance Office
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Maintain all related records on all students including student transcripts, and student information system records in a timely manner.
2. Receive, process, forward and respond to calls, emails, and correspondence as is appropriate.
3. Perform office routines including preparation of reports, correspondence, notices and agendas under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
4. Maintain records as directed by immediate supervisor.
5. Word process efficiently and utilize programs in Microsoft Office and operate other office machines as required.