Systems and Applications Analyst #10040
MODESTO CITY SCHOOLS
Job Description JC# 10040
Systems and Applications Analyst
Under general direction, provide technical support that includes analysis, design, development, configuration, testing, implementation, integration, operation and management of systems and applications that support the district’s enterprise-wide technology infrastructure.
1. Administer, design, implement, and evaluate the applications and systems used to perform mass operating system deployments, application packaging, endpoint protection, and collection management.
2. Assist with design, implementation, and evaluation of the applications and systems used to manage incidents and problems in support of the District Help Desk and other support departments.
3. Administer, design, implement and evaluate mobile device management systems and applications.
4. Support one or more moderate to highly complex or critical processes/systems and may require design or integration of technical solutions that cross multiple functions.
5. Serves as project team member for projects large in scope, high complexity and may be enterprise wide.
6. Working independently and with little direction, develop statement of systems, scope and objectives based on functional requirements; utilize editors, form design tools and database query languages to solve users' needs; prioritize workload with current requests, problems and department needs.
7. Develop SQL queries and perform data exports to support District systems and applications.
8. Perform complex technical, analytical and professional services to support District systems and applications.
9. Monitor the District’s applications and systems for data integrity and proper operations and provide professional confidentiality of all information and data.
10. Assist with cross-application issues related to applications and systems support.
11. Collaborate with technology department staff in the development of test plans and end-user documentation.
12. Participate in feasibility studies, system analysis and the evaluation and testing of new technology solutions that result in the continuous improvement of operations, systems and services.
13. Utilize best practices and design methods to ensure the success of projects.
14. Generate and keep up-to-date documentation for district systems and applications.
15. Analyze and suggest improvements for district systems and applications.
16. Develop logical data models using entity relationships and data flow diagrams; identify new data elements needed within the systems data dictionary and their relationship to existing data structures.
17. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops and reviewing professional publications.
18. Effectively communicate and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during work.
19. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Approved days as specified on the Management Salary Schedule
Management Salary Schedule
Requirements / Qualifications
Experience Minimum Requirements: Two (2) years of experience in enterprise networking environments, computer systems and operations, computer programming and application analysis. Experience with Windows, PowerShell scripting and network environments. Experience with web page development. Web-related programming experience with one or more of the following technologies: ASP.NET, ASP, JSP, Java Servlets, VBScript, XML, XHTML, CSS, CHTML, XSL. Database and query experience including any of the following: SQL Server, Oracle, Access. Experience in the development of on demand and automated end-user data reporting. Competency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Office 365.
Education/Credential Minimum Requirements: High School diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate or California High School Proficiency Examination (CHSPE) certificate. License valid California Driver’s License.