Director I, Educational Technology
MODESTO CITY SCHOOLS
Job Description JC# 10034
DIRECTOR I, EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
Under general direction of the Chief Technology Officer, facilitate and promote educational technology literacy
and technology instructional skills among district staff.
1. Direct and supervise Educational Technology support staff on a daily basis, to ensure a high level of
customer service. E
2. Perform annual reviews for staff and ensure a high level of performance and accountability for their
daily projects and tasks. E
3. Provide all district staff with educational technology information and learning resources. E
4. Oversee educational technology which is integrated into the district-approved curriculum. E
5. Plan, conduct and coordinate workshops to promote the effective use of new
technological tools in the classroom. E
6. Identify educational technology products, programs and practices to support classroom teachers and
librarians in schools. E
7. Review educational technology integration training needs and evaluate effectiveness of training programs.
8. Identify exemplary educational technology programs and practices for review, evaluation,
adoption or modification. E
9. Collaborate with staff to provide workshops, services and activities which support the use
of educational technology tools and resources in the classroom. E
10. Improve instructional practices through the development and innovation of educational technology
tools tolink educators with electronic resources and train educators in their use as instructional tools.
11. Facilitate the development of district leaders in educational technology. E
12. Create, plan, organize and deliver professional development activities in educational technology. E
13. Facilitate online resources and classroom devices for students and educators to improve instructional
practices and broaden resource offerings for students. E
14. Organize and implement a systematic and sustained approach to educational technology in-servicing,
including on-line blended learning. E
15. Assist site leadership teams and classroom teachers to implement research-based school
improvement practices. E
16. Manage support of educational technology software and services by leveraging staff to ensure a
high level of customer service, and usage of educational software that the district has purchased (i.e.
Learning Management Systems, classroom communication tools etc.). E
DIRECTOR I, EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
17. Effectively communicate and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the
course of work.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Approved days as specified on the Management Salary Schedule
Management Salary Schedule
Requirements / Qualifications
Minimum Requirements: A strong background in curriculum/instruction, educational technology and professional development. Three (3) years of training and experience or comparable in an educational technology position at a district office or school site. Education/Credential Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a specialization in accounting or equivalent combination of education and work experience related to the position Valid California K-12 Teaching Credential Submit the following required documents: -Resume -Letter of Intent/Introduction -Two Letters of Recommendation
- Copy of Transcript (Bachelor's Degree in a related field. Valid Teaching Credential)