Senior Mechanical Engineer #1737BR
Senior Mechanical Engineer, Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc. (Basking Ridge, NJ)
- Preparation of engineering documents such as process calculations, mechanical process basic design, technical specifications, heat and mass balances, and equipment datasheets.
- Equipment bid evaluations with recommendations regarding vendor selection.
- Vendor Drawing/Document reviews, commenting and approval. Act as the primary liaison with equipment suppliers.
- Mechanical equipment sizing and selection.
- Providing guidance regarding general arrangements of equipment for complete process systems. This shall include physical equipment locations, equipment orientation, and working with equipment suppliers to ensure all necessary information required for design purposes, such as dimensions and foundation loading, is provided on timely basis.
- Pipeline sizing, material selection and pressure drop calculations.
- Air and Gas ducts arrangements, sizing and pressure drop calculations.
- Valve sizing and selection.
- Preparation and maintenance/updating of Line Lists, Valve Lists, Equipment Lists, Terminal Point Lists and Specialty Items Lists.
- P&ID line tagging, valve tagging, and equipment tagging.
- Provide proposal preparation support through review of requests for proposal documents (RFPs), obtain equipment quotes for proposal budgeting purposes, prepare estimate of man-hours required for completion of the specified work scope and prepare a list of exceptions and clarifications.
- Support the project execution team during contract phase of a contract. Such support may include meeting with customer, technical review meetings with customer’s engineering staff or AE, and meetings with equipment vendor suppliers.
- Interface with Proposal and Project groups and other engineering disciplines to assure successful outcome of for both proposal preparation and contract execution.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor of Science degree or the equivalent in mechanical or chemical engineering or related.
Minimum Experience Required: Eight years of experience as an engineer in the power industry, process plant industry, or a related occupation.
Alternative Requirements: In lieu of a Bachelor of Science degree or the equivalent in mechanical or chemical engineering or related and eight years of experience as an engineer in the power industry, process plant industry, or a related occupation; a Master’s degree or the equivalent in mechanical or chemical engineering and two years of experience as an engineer in the power industry, process plant industry, or a related occupation.
Demonstrated knowledge of industrial chemical processes
Demonstrated knowledge of fossil fuels combustion in boilers
Demonstrated knowledge of piping and instrumentation diagrams
Demonstrated knowledge of process flow diagram preparation
Demonstrated knowledge of system pressure drop calculations
Demonstrated knowledge of boiler efficiency calculations
Demonstrated knowledge of heat balance calculations
Demonstrated knowledge of mass balance calculations
Demonstrated knowledge of boiler performance programs
Demonstrated knowledge of computational fluid dynamic modelling