Nursing Laboratories Manager - Pittsburgh, PAMisericordia University
The Nursing Laboratories Manager will support classroom and clinical learning for the ABSN program through ongoing development of the nursing skills laboratory, running and maintenance of the simulation, and education of faculty relative to simulation and laboratory activities. This position will manage and coordinate the learning resource lab and simulation rooms for interdepartmental use.
As the Nursing Laboratories Manager you will be responsible for:
1. Design, implement, and evaluate simulation strategies in collaboration with undergraduate program faculty.
2. Assist program faculty in development and implementation of laboratory sessions to support course and/or clinical learning outcomes.
3. Schedule simulation laboratories to facilitate undergraduate nursing and other inter-professional experiences with other health science disciplines. Provide availability and schedule lab sessions for students to individually practice and/or needing remedial support concerning skills performance as referred by course and/or clinical faculty.
4. Maintain laboratory and simulation schedule.
5. Maintain laboratory environment following standards of practice. Recommend changes, improvements, and repairs when warranted. Maintain an online nursing laboratory manual, which includes, but is not limited to, laboratory policies and procedures, available media, and simulation scenarios.
6. Inventory, order, and maintain equipment, including warranty maintenance, repair and replacement of broken equipment.
7. Monitor the laboratory budget allocations and maintain spreadsheets for tracking purposes and provide to ABSN program director.
8. Prepare reports and maintain documentation required for internal and external usage and evaluation related to accreditation requirements.
(Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
• Master’s Degree of Science in Nursing (MSN) required
• Minimum of five years of Nursing
• Minimum of two years of recent acute care clinical experience
• Current unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania required
• Certificate in clinical simulation (Certified Healthcare Simulation Education) Society for Simulation in Healthcare preferred
• Understanding of Nursing Education
• Ability to learn hardware and software quickly and independently
• Ability to assess, troubleshoot and address equipment failures in a timely fashion
• Knowledge of laboratory simulation services, technologies, and applications