Economic Development CoordinatorMinnkota Power
Providing opportunities that build great careers
Economic Development Coordinator
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for an Economic Development Coordinator to be located in Grand Forks, ND.
This position develops and builds relationships with member cooperatives and municipal systems; communities; local, regional and state economic development organizations; and businesses in the Minnkota Power Cooperative and the Northern Municipal Power Agency (NMPA) service area. Identifies economic development opportunities; plans, leads and executes initiatives to retain and grow member cooperative and municipal system energy sales. Provides business and community development services to member cooperatives and municipal systems.
Minnkota Power Cooperative makes career growth and development a priority by creating a challenging and rewarding work environment. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Education and Training
- Bachelor's degree in business, public relations, political science, community/economic development or communications
- Extensive knowledge of economic development programs, agencies and community initiatives.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
Minimum 5 years' experience in developing, marketing, leading and directing effective strategic programs in the electrical utility and/or economic development industry including economic development financing, business credit analysis, project administration, grant writing, marketing and communications. Excellent skills and experience cultivating and nurturing relationships.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veterans Employer
1. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with member cooperatives and municipal systems.
2. Establish and maintain strong working relationship with state, regional and local economic development organizations, community and business leaders and public officials.
3. Coordinate business development for Minnkota, it's the member cooperatives and the municipal systems.
4. Develop a strong working knowledge of the rural electric cooperative industry along with service, rate structure, and incentives.
5. Maintain current knowledge of federal and state economic development financing available in Minnkota and NMPA's service area. Provide assistance to member cooperatives and municipal systems in completing applications for project financing utilizing internal and external sources of funding.
6. Create an awareness of available economic development financing programs, rates and other assistance available through the member cooperatives and municipal systems.
7. Work to expand cooperatives and communities abilities to attract new businesses and to enable business expansions and start-ups.
8. Assist new, expanding and existing businesses in order to enhance the quality of life and improve economic opportunities in Minnkota' s and NMPA's service area.
9. Consult and coordinate with power delivery when rate proposals are required for business development prospects.
10. Assist individual member cooperatives and municipal systems in developing local-regional strategies for economic and community development.
- Customer/Member Focus
- Decision Quality
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Peer Relationships
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend and frequently utilize a keyboard/computer. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent will be required to problem solve, read, write and analyze data, work under schedules and deadline pressure, present information to others, work independently and use discretion and judgment for confidential or sensitive projects/issues.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to an office environment indoors, and will travel outdoors to multiple locations dependent on work.