Start your Tech Career Here
Soap-Rest Web Services, Apache, Tomcat, Eclipse; willingness to learn, explore, and utilize new technologies; prior programming experience preferred
- Very unique opportunity to be working in the government sector for a group of counties instead of one single county.
- Pay is slightly higher than counties since we have to compete more directly with the private sector for resources
- We develop and support the software, whereas in the counties you are supporting existing package software.
- Counties involved with MCIS share in the organization and very engaged in direction of product and services.
- Smaller staff (10-13 employees)
Why do your current employees work there?
- Stable organization
- Employees once hired, enjoy what MCIS has to offer. As a result, we have and continue to retire people with 20+ years of service.
- Technology – we continue to look for new ways to leverage technology to improve efficiencies at member counties.
- Work and Life balance
- Team is positive, carrying, and promote a family atmosphere. Staff works to make everyone successful and care for one another.
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life, 457b (401K type), and PERA (Mn Public Employee Retirement), and generous employer contribution towards benefits. .
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Employees are less about titles more about teams and family
- Easy commutes (able to choose GR or further out for living with little concern for traffic chaos)
- Flexible with work schedule within reason (Critical thing is family comes first)
- Life overall in this area is less stressful and/or better ways to de-stress.
Grand Rapids and surrounding area has a lot to offer:
- Emphasis on the arts (plays, music, etc)
- Good health care services
- Outdoor activities year-round
- Adequate shopping
- Gateway to other northern MN destinations
- Local schools (K-12, Itasca Community College) are high quality
- Numerous dining choices
- Affordable living
Click apply today to become a part of our team!