Remodel Project Manager #62347
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified applicants
Date Posted: 1/18/2023
Closing Date: 2/2/2023
M1 Salary Range: $55,248 - $100,725 annually
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices and recognized as a 2021/2022 Star Tribune Top Workplace Minnesota and 2022 Top Workplace USA — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity, safety, and respect. We are a dynamic group of dedicated professionals who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we are actively building an internal culture that supports that calling.
The Office is currently seeking a remodel project manager. The remodel project manager will plan, coordinate, and manage the Office’s building remodel. The Office building consists of several floors in Town Square Tower in downtown St. Paul. This location houses around 350 employees.
This is a temporary position lasting approximately 9 – 12 months.
A successful candidate in this position will be able to:
- Identify, document, and coordinate building remodel needs of each division of the Office to maximize efficiency and State resources;
- Allocate resources and vendors as necessary;
- Collaborate with Office leadership, vendors, and contractors to ensure Office business continues uninterrupted with minimum disruptions;
- Utilize existing budgets for the remodel;
- Ensure meeting of tight deadlines; and
- Lead remodel efforts for the Office in a professional manner.
- Three years of experience with construction, facilities, and/or project management
- Ability to read blueprints and construction documents to ensure accuracy
- Demonstrated competency managing large, complex technical communications including workplans, budgets, contracts, and Request for Information/Requests for Proposal
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills to successfully manage the complex facets of a remodel project
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills: listening, speaking, empathy, patience, initiative, self-direction, poise, confidence, and respect for others
- Analytical and decision-making skills to determine and implement the best course of action
- Ability to manage complex plans and remodels, including vendors
- Availability to report to the job site regularly to inspect the work and progress of the contractor/construction and vendors and coordinate all move activities on-site during the move (including evenings and weekend if required)
- Experience managing state agency remodel or relocation project(s)
- Experience working with Request for Information/Request for Proposal processes, contracting and purchasing
- Ability to understand and follow state policies, rules, and regulations related to contracting and purchasing, data management and reporting
- Familiarity with the Office of the Minnesota Attorney General’s Office and building the project is for
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online through the State of Minnesota Careers website, which is the State’s official application and hiring site. The deadline for applications is Tuesday, January 17, 2023.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Sarah Spence-Koivisto at email@example.com or (651) 757-1050.
Why Work For Us
Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, fostering understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive service to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at (651) 259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.