Financial Accounting Manager #73681
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified applicants
Date Posted: 2/6/2024
Closing Date: 2/22/2024
M1 Salary Range: $78,007 - $145,199 / annually
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity, safety, and respect. We are a dynamic group of dedicated professionals who choose public service as a calling, and we are actively and intentionally committed to supporting an internal culture that affirms that calling. The Office is one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices and as of 2023, has been recognized as a Star Tribune Top Workplace Minnesota for three years in a row and Top Workplace USA for two years in a row.
The finance team is small and growing. Currently, there is a finance supervisor and four team members. The tenure of the members ranges between newly hired and experience with other State agencies and our office. This is an opportunity for someone who wants to mentor, train, support a team that is eager and willing to learn and grow with the office. We are looking for someone who supports professional development, is willing to do the work when short staffed and has a demonstrated commitment to and success working in a diverse team.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work environment depending on the needs of the business unit and with director approval.
- A minimum four (4) years experience in a supervisory or managerial role preferable in support of or in connection with financial management
- A bachelor’s or associate degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other related degree OR equivalent years experience in a finance or accounting role (two to four years)
- Knowledge of accounting practices sufficient to analyze, interpret, and prepare financial information, records and reports, and make recommendations to support the mission of the office
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Exceptional interpersonal skills sufficient to interact and build working relationships with others to include common courtesy, tact, interest in positive problem solving, empathy, logical organization ideas, and working with people from different cultural/ethnic background
- Experience working with enterprise database systems such as the Statewide Integrated Financial Tools (SWIFT), Statewide Employee Management System (SEMA4)
- Ability to motivate, develop, and lead a team through collaboration and consensus to reinforce a culture of service, accountability, and innovation
- Awareness of governmental appropriated funding
- Knowledge of budgeting and trend forecasting
- Organizational skills and the ability to identify and solve problems, advise others, handle multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and apply innovative approaches and opportunities for streamlining existing processes
Why Work for Us
Diverse Workforce Our differences make us stronger and leveraging them helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility at our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence, fostering understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, or age.
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Programs, resources, and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive service to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.