GQ Customer Quality Experience Engineer #135293Micron Technology, Inc.
Micron Technology, Inc. seeks the following position in Novi, Michigan: GQ Customer Quality Experience Engineer (Note: Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally 10% of the time.) Job code (135293) All job offers will be contingent upon a successful drug screening and background check.
As a Global Quality (GQ) Customer Quality Experience Engineer (CQE) at Micron Technology, Inc., you are the voice of the customer for Quality. You will be the key customer-facing contact to manage your Customers’ Quality requirements so that Micron is able to deliver a world class Customer Quality Experience. You are accountable for the customer’s product quality and reliability and identifying plans to bring Micron to the number 1 supplier quality ranking position. You will be responsible to reach out to customers proactively to assess their needs and driving best of breed standards internally. You will interact regularly with sales, field application engineers and internal stakeholders to maintain alignment on quality and reliability issues and foster world-class customer relationships. You will be responsible for analyzing and negotiating quality/reliability agreements, establishing and managing quality/reliability prerequisites with external customers. In this role you will act as a liaison for the product, communicating with customers on post-qualification quality/reliability topics.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be the voice of the customer on quality with Micron;
- Provide technical or operational quality issue resolution support to customers;
- Lead critical customer improvements/projects/initiatives that can improve on quality and customer satisfaction;
- Ensure customer requirements are reflected in Processes, Procedures and standards;
- Drive quality-related proactive and reactive communication;
- Track, update and close all customer action items (AI) on time;
- Work closely with customers to determine key care-abouts;
- Lead scorecard tracking and improvements;
- Manage, schedule and lead monthly quality reviews (MQR);
- Communicate/track and close customer quality processes and requirements;
- Work with different internal teams to ensure robust, closed loop on customer requests/requirements;
- Work closely with internal teams on the 8D problem solving process to prevent reoccurrences;
- Effective customer quality issues management – timely containment, communication and resolution in customer manufacturing (DRAM module/SSD/Memory Components);
- Knowledge or experience with direct engagement with external customers.
- Knowledge or experience with semiconductors and their applications in the market.
- Knowledge or experience with Quality and Reliability identification.
- Knowledge or experience driving 8D teams.
- Knowledge or experience working with cross-functional teams to solve customer quality issues.
- Knowledge or experience engaging with and communicating with all levels of an organization, including executives.
- Knowledge or experience with DRAM and/or Flash based components and/or systems (such eMMC, SSD).
- Knowledge or experience with automotive requirements and automotive customers.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Must be willing to travel both domestically and internationally 10% of the time.