Are you ready to start a new career or continue on your current career path?
You can with Meherrin River Regional Jail!
Open House & Hiring Event
December 3rd from 4 pm -7 pm
December 5th from 9 am – 12 pm
9000 Boydton Plank Rd
Alberta, Virginia, 23821
Social distancing and mask requirements will be in place.
Now Seeking Jail Officers
Jail officers' intake, process, transport, and provide for the safety and security of inmates, staff members and the community. Officers may be assigned other duties specific to specialized areas of the jail as well.
• Be a high school graduate or equivalent
• Must be 18 years of age
• Possess a valid Virginia or North Carolina driver's license
• Have the ability to pass a physical examination and drug screening
• Have the ability to pass an extensive criminal history, background check
• Must complete special training as required by the Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services, including use of firearms, first aid, chemical and electronic weapons systems, within twelve months of hire date
• Must maintain a telephone in residence for emergency contact
• Must be willing to be in an on-call status
Meherrin River Regional Jail offers an array of benefits, many of which an employee may elect based on their personal needs. These benefits include health insurance and life insurance, some plans at no cost to the employee, 14 paid holidays, sick time and vacation that accrue with years of service and advancement opportunities In addition to great benefits, Meherrin River Regional Jail offers a competitive starting salary.
Equal Opportunity Employer