Inbound Customer ServiceMediacom Communications Corporation
Start a lasting career with Mediacom and get a $1000 sign-on bonus! Mediacom provides medical, dental, vision, 401K with Matching, discounts on cable and internet, and much more.
Develop and maintain existing relationships with customers who are considering cancellation or downgrade of current Mediacom services by identifying needs and offering solutions.
• Turn reasonable requests for disconnection or downgrade into save opportunities or potential sales.
• Apply Retention Department’s mission statement to sell Mediacom’s service when possible.
• Actively listen to customer needs and offer the appropriate Retention promotion to prevent customer from disconnecting or downgrading.
• Use the Mediacom resources to sell against the competition and explain our competitive edge.
• Build customer loyalty by providing legendary customer service.
• Complete disconnect, transfer and seasonal downgrade orders and update customer accounts in customer record database.
• Educate customers in the use of installed products, service offerings, billing, charges, and product features.
• Resolve customer complaints and situations calmly and courteously.
• Troubleshoot and resolve service, pricing and technical problems for customers by asking questions.
• Meets retention goals set by Company/department.
• May assist in the training of new Representatives through on-the-job training program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• 2+ years customer service experience required, sales experience preferred.
• Customer-oriented mentality.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Effective listening skills with high level of empathy.
• Effective verbal communication skills, including grammar and tone.
• Strong ability to ask relevant questions to identify customer needs/concerns.
• Ability to remain calm and confident while managing confrontation and rejection.
• Self-motivator - upbeat and with a high energy level.
• Strong work ethic; team-oriented attitude.
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.