Account Manager - Post SalesMedia News Group
Great products are our vehicle for success. But we place equal importance on our human talent. Our remarkable people – with their digital fluency, product knowledge, and ability to position our differentiators – are as important as the products themselves.
Who are we: MediaNews Group is a leader in local, multi-platform news and information, distinguished by its award-winning, original content and high quality, diversified portfolio of local media assets. We offer local news and information web sites and mobile apps offering rich multimedia experiences across the nation.
Who are you: You are an Account Manager responsible for assisting in post-sale activities, including campaign set-up and structure, goals, reporting, data analysis, and customer interactions. The position will interact with sales and operations teams to ensure seamless digital campaign execution, providing a high-level of client service support.
What you will be doing:
• Assist in post-sale activities on accounts as defined by MediaNews Group and local property leadership.
• Responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of larger ongoing digital advertising accounts and campaigns to meet revenue goals and reduce customer churn (turnover).
• Assist in developing optimization strategies and retaining sales in the full digital product portfolio.
• Monitor campaign effectiveness and make recommendations to customers that result in effective advertiser solutions, retention, and up-sell.
• Interpret digital campaign reports and account performance data.
• Develops and provides customer focused communications on sales performance including, effectiveness targeting and strategy.
• Monitor digital campaigns across markets to identify opportunities to increase market share.
• Support and adhere to digital revenue operations processes, policies, procedures and standards of performance.
• Liaise with operations group, sales, marketing, and analytics regarding planning and prioritization to assist in execution of the campaigns.
• Work collaboratively with the sales team to recommend campaign modifications for optimal results and according to client expectations.
• Accompany the sales team on external meetings and presentations when applicable.
• Cultivate positive professional relationships with clients, vendors and internal teams.
• Support sales and management teams in responding to client requests and special projects as necessary.
• Identify mutually agreeable campaign goals, and ensure achievement of established goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
What we would like to see:
• Demonstrated experience in analyzing and presenting data in an easy-to-interpret format.
• 2+ years interactive account management and/or online media planning and buying.
• Knowledge of digital campaign trafficking.
• Experience in site research tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Comscore, etc.)
• Ability to generate reports, business correspondence, and presentations.
• Must have good organization skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Adaptable and proactive approach.
• Proven communication and teamwork skills.
Extra awesome stuff we would like to see: You are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions, helping people, helping yourself, you have a sense of humor, you like to have fun – and you think on your feet!