Teacher of the Emotionally Impaired - Secondarymecosta-osceola isd
The Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School District is accepting applications for the following position:
Teacher of the Emotionally Impaired - Secondary
Modified year-round schedule located at Pineview homes
Description: Employment as a teacher of the Emotionally Impaired (EI) in a self-contained classroom.
Requirements: Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; valid secondary teaching certificate in special education with full approval in the area of emotionally impaired.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Instruct students in academic subjects and social interaction skills.
2. Develop instructional objectives for individual students.
3. Evaluate the progress of students.
4. Prepare written reports and evaluations as needed/required.
5. Evaluate and direct the paraprofessional(s) under his/her immediate supervision.
6. Respond to parent/caregiver(s) concerns as part of therapeutic milieu.
7. Participate in IEPC meetings when appropriate.
8. Participate as a team member on curriculum and staff development committees.
9. Participate as a team member to plan programs designed to promote the educational, physical and social development of students.