Teacher - Emotionally Impairedmecosta-osceola isd
The Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School District is accepting applications for a Teacher Of The Emotionally Impaired
Big Rapids Middle School (full time School year position)
Description: Employment as a teacher of students with emotional impairments (EI) in a selfcontained classroom.
Requirements: Possess a minimum of a bachelor’s degree; valid teaching certificate in special education with full approval in the area of emotionally impaired. If a candidate is eligible for temporary approval as a Special Education Teacher, the district may pay for the candidate to obtain their EI endorsement.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Instruct students in academic subjects and social interaction skills.
2. Develop instructional objectives for individual students.
3. Document and evaluate the progress of students.
4. Implement positive behavior supports for students.
5. Prepare written reports and evaluations as needed/required.
6. Evaluate and direct the paraprofessional(s) under his/her immediate supervisor.
7. Respond to parent/caregiver(s) concerns as part of the therapeutic milieu.
8. Participate in IEP meetings when appropriate and know the process.
9. Knowledge of and ability to write/implement FBAs and BIPs.
10. Participate as a team member on curriculum and staff development committees.
11. Participate as a team member to plan programs designed to promote the social, educational and physical development of students.
12. Contribute, in a positive manner, to the overall quality and operation of the program.
13. Organize time, energy and workload to meet responsibilities and complete assignments with due consideration of priorities among various responsibilities.
14. Assume responsibility to transport self to the assigned worksite(s) and maintain regular and predictable attendance.