School Psychologistmecosta-osceola isd
The Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School District is accepting applications for the following position: School Psychologist (Full-time School Year Position)
Description: Full-time employment as a school psychologist working as a team member serving students as related to the educational program of students with disabilities.
Requirements: Full approval and certification as a school psychologist by the Michigan Department of Education or eligible for temporary approval. Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated successful experience/training as a school psychologist. Applicants must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
1. Be knowledgeable and prepared to implement the National Association of School Psychologist practice model.
2. Support student’s ability to learn and teacher’s ability to teach through consultation and intervention.
3. Strive to apply expertise in mental health, learning and behavior, to help students succeed academically, socially, behaviorally, and emotionally.
4. Develops partnerships with families to strengthen connections between home, school, and the community.
5. Participate as an active team member with teachers, school administrators, and other professionals to create safe, healthy and supportive learning environments.
6. Engage in professional development education and be a leader in implementation of best practices of school psychology and special education.
7. Timely and accurate completion of written reports and related records as needed by the Mecosta Osceola Intermediate School District and local education agency.
8. Participate as a member of the IEPT and as a member of the MET when appointed for initial, change of status, and re-evaluations.
9. Communicate in clear, understandable language, evaluation results to parents, referral sources, and colleagues within the school setting prior to the IEPT meeting.
10. Assume responsibility for keeping informed of current developments in own field and related field of special education and maintain readiness to adapt to change.
11. Organize time, energy, and workload in order to meet responsibilities and complete assignments with due consideration of priorities among various responsibilities.
12. Maintain a cooperative, harmonious relationship with professionals and others within the school setting.
13. Follow all established policies, practices, and procedures in terms of duties and responsibilities of the position.