Substitute CustodiansMead School District
Mead, WA Full-time
Posted on September 13, 2019
The Mead School District is accepting applications for Substitute Custodians! Pay is $15.78 per hour!
Essential Job Functions:
- Arranges furnishings and equipment for the purpose of providing adequate preparations for meetings, classroom activities, and events (i.e., regular school, community education, special events.)
- Cleans school facilities (i.e., classrooms, offices, multipurpose rooms, grounds, windows, restrooms, sinks, carpets, floors, garbage cans, waste cans, gym, cafeteria, and other areas as directed) for the purpose of maintaining a sanitary, safe, and attractive environment.
- Delivers a variety of items (e.g. supplies, mail, packages, furniture) for the purpose of distributing the materials to the appropriate parties.
- Directs personnel as assigned for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the workforce and meeting shift requirements.
- Informs principal, supervisor, other site personnel, and students for the purpose of providing information regarding activities, safety, and/or proper maintenance of facilities.
- Procures equipment, supplies, and materials for the purpose of maintaining the availability of required items and completing jobs efficiently.
- Secures facilities and grounds for the purpose of minimizing property damage, loss, and liability, and ensuring safety at work site (i.e. unlock & lock doors, secure gates, check windows, turn lights off/on).
Other Job Functions:
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Repairs furniture and equipment for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and in safe working condition.
- Requests custodial supplies, equipment, and other items needed for the purpose of safety and maintenance of facilities, supplies, and inventory.
- Maintains grounds and operates the equipment as required (i.e. floor polishers, vacuums, carpet cleaners, floor strippers, waxers, lawnmowers, edgers, snow equipment, and hand and power tools)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Skills, to use cleaning agents; supplies, and equipment; perform basic math to calculate accurate dilution of cleaning agents; develop work orders, maintain records and relate well with people.
- Knowledge of methods and use of cleaning materials, equipment, supplies, and safe work practices.
- Abilities to stand for prolonged periods, follow oral and written instructions, adhere to safe work practices, work independently with minimal supervision, perform a variety of tasks, adjust to flexible assignment often with short notice, and communicate with students, staff, and parents. Significant physical abilities include lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling, stooping, reaching/handling, and near/far visual acuity/depth perception.
- Education required: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Fingerprint clearance required