Assistant to Student ServicesMcDowell Tech College
Assistant to Student Services
Under the supervision and direction of the Vice President of Learning and Student Services, the Assistant to Student Services performs the following:
1. Greet and offer assistance to students and individuals entering the Student Services area.
2. Answer questions in person and on the phone regarding Student Services and Financial Aid related issues.
3. Participate in the operations of the Student Services Department and application processes for all curriculum programs.
4. Follow current policies, procedures and regulations for Student Services, Admissions, and Financial Aid.
5. Assist students with general questions in relation to completing an Application for Admissions, completing an Application for Federal Financial Aid, and or application for scholarship.
6. Assist with Student Services and Financial Aid reports.
7. Assist with building curriculum schedules.
8. Assist with pre-registration and registration processes in Student Services.
9. Receive and process transcript requests.
10. Assist students in the Residency Determination and application process.
11. Process all Early College, Career & College Promise, and MAI applicants.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Learning and Student Services.
An Associate in Applied Science Degree in Business or related area required. The person must be dependable and able to handle confidential information. The person must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to work with current and prospective students from all backgrounds effectively. This person must be proficient and up-to-date with computer skills and technology, and willing to attend training sessions periodically.