Local Marketing ConsultantMcClatchy
The Local Media Consultant drives digital-first multimedia account growth for local accounts, within a defined geographic area. Following the sales process; identifying qualified prospects, understanding their needs and crafting customized solutions to meet customer needs. Local Media Consultants understand our solutions, particularly our strategic products like digital & direct marketing and partner with experts to provide ROI for customers.
- Understand assess and develop plans for areas for growth (cross-sell/up-sell-new customers) within identified opportunity categories and assigned geography and share insight with local sales team.
- Create proposals after gaining a complete understanding of the client's needs through a CIA.
- Communicate the ROI of the solution and educate the client on the solution, as needed.
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identity follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Target and build relationships with existing clients and potential clients within the local market.
- Smoothly transition accounts to and from other teams as necessary based on spending level and customer needs.
- Able to identify and capture new business revenue.
- Understand each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Exhibits technical competency, e.g. updating our CRM, creating client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc.
- Researches and provides insights to the clients.
- Attends local chamber events and networking events to become clear media leader in territory.
- Has deep understanding of local market & competitive landscape.
Percentage of time spent:
50% = New Sales
30% = retention
20% = Up-sell/Cross-Sell
We need an experienced hunter/prospector sales professional who loves the consultative sales process and who can hit the ground running. You must have a good driving record and vehicle insurance.
The starting with base pay plus commission and a fantastic benefit package.
The McClatchy BeeMedia, an equal opportunity employer, is committed to promoting diversity within our drug and alcohol free workplace.