Designer/Writer Custom PublicationsMcClatchy
Writes for the Custom Publications department’s numerous special sections, projects and magazines. Interviews and maintains relationships with members of the public, maintains website, producing and organizing content. Pulls wire copy and designs pages for weekly publications and special sections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific information provided below is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Interviews and writes articles for varied audiences.
- Designs pages as needed.
- Pulls and processes stories.
- Proofs and copy edits pages.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university with a degree in Journalism or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid California Driver's License and acceptable driving record required. Employee is required to provide proof of acceptable auto insurance.
The Fresno Bee is an equal opportunity employer