Senior Engineer - Software Engineering
Employer Name: MAXIMUS, Inc.
Position Title: Senior Engineer - Software Engineering
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
I: Essential Job Functions:
Sr. Engineer – Software Engineer will work as a senior member of a software development team, responsible for the development, implementation and post deployment support of enterprise applications. In this role, the Sr. Engineer – Software Engineer will work independently or with minimal input from the Development Manager. As a member of the team, the Sr. Engineer - Software will participate in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). The Sr. Engineer – Software Engineer will be responsible for mentoring junior members of the team and provide them guidance and support in completing their assignments.
- Architect advanced to complex system solutions, solicit and incorporate inputs from technical and operational teams and document for consumption of development and testing teams.
- Develop complex software programs, with clear and succinct code documentation, that meet the written and oral functional requirements provided by customer.
- Fix defects in the home-grown applications or third-party software according to written and oral specifications.
- Perform database design and create scripts to create and modify database objects.
- Work on deliverables, such data analysis, client report requests etc. with minimal to no guidance from Development Manager or senior developers. Assist junior members of the staff by providing direction on customer requests and performing code review to ensure quality outcomes.
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as solution design, work effort estimation, assisting peers with technical challenges and code reviews.
- Lead a small team of developers - creates and assign work packages. Manage the work to its completion meeting the quality standards.
- Works very closely with operations team and acquire expert understanding of the business processes and develop unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes. Provide expert advice to the testing team to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
- Perform production support activities such as monitor system processes, evaluate the outcome of system processes, work through system exceptions, and create processes to monitor and report on the overall system health.
- Work independently to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process such as project charter, proposed solution documents etc.
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization. Participate in change management meetings to provide impact assessment of requested change, update the defect tracking system with most up to date information and perform release management tasks as assigned by Development manager.
II: Experience or Qualifications Required:
- 8 years of experience developing, implementing, deploying and supporting enterprise applications.
- Proficiency in Object Oriented (OO) Programming: Strong knowledge in OO programming languages;
- Understanding of complex concepts of data organization;
- Experience working with Relational Database Management System.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle such as AGILE, SCRUM, Waterfall etc.
- Understanding of knowledge of information systems design principles and current/emerging trends in this field is required.
- Experience developing prototypes using architecture and implementation methodologies
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service-oriented architectures, automation and security.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and DevOps concepts
- Working knowledge of containerization platforms and orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes/Rancher/ECS/EKS/PCF)
- Experience managing and automating deployments to AWS cloud environments
- Required Technical Skills:
o Java/JEE, Spring/Spring Boot/Spring Cloud/Struts/JSF
o Hibernate / JPA
o Web Services (REST or SOAP)
o RDBMS SQL & PL/SQL
o Eclipse IDE
o Unit testing with JUnit, Easymock, Mockito
o CI / CD tools Jenkins, Code Pipeline, Maven, Gradle, Jira, Sonar, SVN, GitLab, GitHub
o Docker, Kubernetes, AWS and PCF
- Requires Domestic US Travel 10% of time on job.
III: Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field.
Requires Domestic US Travel 10% of time on job.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to CelaniMDominguez@maximus.com with the "Senior Engineer – Software Engineering (CA-3104)” position in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
MAXIMUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.