Diet TechnicianMasonic Homes
1. Guides, monitors, and trains tray line staff, reviews weekly production sheets, under the supervision of RD.
2. Attends and/or conducts required department in-services and meetings.
3. Monitors all diets to comply with physicians’ orders.
4. Reports malfunctioning or broken equipment.
5. Monitors and ensures that all diet cards and Profile cards are updated as necessary. Maintains all formal records pertaining to quality control for patient trays and related dietary records.
6. Helps RD in data collection to assess the nutritional status of all Skilled Nursing residents.
7. Completes New Admission initial screening within 72hrs, Assists RD in data collection for all quarterly reviews, significant changes in Skilled Nursing Facility and completing the assessments in timely manner.
8. Corrects and writes the menus for all residents on select menu to comply with physician’s orders, to meet the state regulations.
9. Maintains and monitors the par level of food stock needed in the nursing units.
10. Assist RD in collecting QA data for the Quality Assurance Meetings.
11. Attends to patient care plans, in absence of RD.
12. Cooperates with co-workers and establishes good working relationships with all departments.
13. Checks trayline for at least two meals to monitor for tray accuracy / tray presentation and leads trayline staff.
14. Cross check profile cards with nursing records and maintains an updated diet list and supplement list.
15. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
1. Assures that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner, with sufficient food personnel on duty at all times.
2. Supervises, trains and evaluates the assigned staff. Oversees and directs in-service training to all subordinate staff.
3. Makes recommendations regarding hiring, termination, disciplinary actions and transfer of employees.
4. Assists with department requisitions and purchases.
OBRA & Title 22 Requirements
Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or related science. Former supervisory experience. Knowledge of special diets, production of nutritious meals and employee staff development. Good reading, writing and communication skills. Dietary experience in supervisory capacity in hospital, Skilled Nursing Facility, or other related medical facility desired.
Ensures that residents' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times. Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information to assure their rights are protected. Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety rules and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health, wage replacement and other benefits for you and your family’s well-being
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement