Martha's Vineyard Boys & Girls Club is currently considering candidates for the position of Executive Director.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Guide, support and serve the Board of Directors in establishing goals and developing policies, procedures, budgets and programs that fulfill the mission of the Boys & Girls Club.
• Monitor and approve the organization’s program services and assure achievement of its mission and goals.
• Provide leadership to Club staff by developing administrative and operational standards by which goals will be met.
• Assure management and attainment of resources necessary to ensure the financial operations of the agency are conducted in accordance with applicable laws.
• Assure that the organization is in compliance with membership and other requirements or standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, and other affiliated and regulatory agencies.
• Oversee staffing activities of the organization, including recruiting, training, and evaluation of both paid and volunteer staff.
• Promote Boys & Girls Club services to individuals, other service organizations, and the local community.
• Direct and participate in public relations and fundraising activities.
• Provide professional leadership to the Board of Directors to assure development of an effective and motivated board, including identification, recruitment, training and involvement of members in meeting the goals of the organization.
• May be assigned special projects periodically by the Board of Directors.
• Report to the Board of Directors.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience in directing programs, developing and implementing strategic and tactical plans, and building/managing a professional staff, preferably in human services and/or youth development.
• Experience managing/maintaining a facility and developing community support of club operations and programs.
• Experience in working with community constituencies and diverse populations preferred.
• MS Office Suite and internet/computer competency required.
• Flexibility to work a variable schedule as dictated by programming, fundraising, and meeting schedules.
• Demonstrated competency and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff, community groups, and other related agencies.
• Ability to handle crisis and to resolve conflicts, disputes or concerns in the club among staff, club members, volunteers or parents.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, direct, plan and coordinate operations in a multi-unit organization.
• Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem solving, decision making, delegation.
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to speak effectively and persuasively to groups and individuals.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise professionals and other staff/volunteers.
• Advanced knowledge and expertise in asset management including financial resources and property.
• Demonstrated skills and competency in the following areas preferred: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of Boys & Girls Clubs; of the principles and practices of nonprofit organizations and of management; and resource development activities and sources of funding.