Director Of Underwriting #R0007833MARKEL CORP
Underwriting-Markel Corp. (Richmond, VA) seeks Director of Underwriting (U/W) Operations (R0007833)
The Director of Underwriting Operations will act as an operations manager for Markel Underwriting, which entails ensuring operations support for Enterprise Risk Management goals and priorities and ensuring compliance with underwriting authorities and guidelines.
- Ensure operations support for Enterprise Risk Management goals and priorities. Serve as team leader on the corporate Brexit strategy team.
- Negotiate with the Central Bank of Ireland and German regulators relative to Brexit strategy.
- Review financial and actuarial results.
- Data mining financial reports from the International Operations team and presenting those reports to leadership teams.
- Analyze the financials of the European platforms to determine best Brexit solutions.
- Oversee international platforms to ensure conformity with regulations and implementations of necessary procedures to mitigate risks.
- Research the viability and value of premium audit work.
- Oversee operations to achieve stated goals.
- Monitor corporate aggregation.
- Create systems that support and implement goals, particularly with respect to emerging trends.
- Identify and analyze expense management opportunities to reduce cost.
- Lead new projects for product development. Work on Product Assessment for Specialty and small business products.
- Serve as liaison between the Wholesale and International team and Information Technology team by driving strategies and profitable growth via underwriting systems.
- Serve as Company Secretary, attending regulatory meetings in Dublin and ensuring the company meets its legal obligations.
- Ensure that Underwriting Operations are in compliance with Underwriting Principles, Authorities and Guidelines.
- 7 years of experience in international underwriting including European and global compliance and Professional Certificate or Diploma in Compliance
- Ability to live and work in the Richmond, VA area
- Ability to travel to Dublin, London and Bermuda office locations