Dental AssistantMarimn Health
Join Our Amazing Team! Dental Assistant
Certification by a Dental Assisting program accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Accreditation which includes coursework in radiation biology, radiation health, safety and protection, fabrication of provisional crowns, coronal polish, application of sealants, set up and monitoring of nitrous oxide. Will consider applicants who have completed an accredited program, with the willingness to complete certification within 6 months of hire. CPR certification required within 6 months of hire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate charting of treatment plan information.
- Record accurate notes on the provided treatment.
- Ensure patients are seated in a timely fashion and provide chair side assistance to the dentist in order to maximize clinical procedures during scheduled appointment times.
- Seat and prepare emergency patients when cancellations or no-show appointments allow.
- Schedule patients according to treatment priority and template.
- Communicate with patients in a clear and professional manner.
- Check on patient comfort during treatment; helping to allay patient anxiety.
- Check on post-operative patients.
- Escort patients into treatment rooms and make them comfortable.
- Prepare patients for treatment, explain scheduled treatments to patients.
- Hand dental instruments to the dentist in an accurate and timely manner.
- Prepare necessary treatment materials in an accurate and timely manner.
- Take preliminary impressions.
- Expose radiographs.
- Provide post-operative instructions and materials to patients.
- Escort patients to the scheduling desk after visits.
- Check treatment rooms for cleanliness and make necessary changes.
- Check and turn on treatment room equipment.
- Review next day charts.
- Set up and clean treatment rooms.
- Equipment sterilization.
- Pour and trim models.
- Mail and pick up cases.
- Other duties as assigned.