Director of CommunicationsLorain-Medina Rural Electric Cooperative
Director of Communications
We are seeking applications for the position of Director of Communications.
• To maintain and improve the Cooperative’s relationships with the membership and the general public by providing local media with news stories and information.
• To develop annual and long-range departmental plans that will fully and efficiently utilize well-trained and managed department personnel to carry out the above objectives in a safe and efficient manner.
Education & Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in Business or communications is required. Exceptionally favorable experience may be considered for a portion of the education requirements.
• A minimum of five to ten years of general business experience, including positions dealing directly communications and public relations, is required. Electric utility experience if preferred.
• Experience in planning and coordinating organization’s external community relations programs and community and/or economic development preferred.
This highly motivated individual will work for two progressive rural electric cooperatives serving rural Lorain, Medina, Seneca, Crawford, Wyandot, and parts of neighboring counties. The Cooperatives provides a competitive salary and benefit package.
Lorain-Medina Rural Electric Cooperative and North Central Electric Cooperative are equal opportunity employers.