Medical Services RN
Medical Services RN
Pension! Fantastic benefits package, effective 1st of the month following hire. Competitive pay. PTO after 45 days. 12 paid Holidays, and so much more!
True 40 hour workweek. Monday-Friday. 8 am-5 pm. No Weekends!
The LifeWays Registered Nurse (RN) provides culturally competent and trauma-informed services to all consumers seeking access to behavioral health services via LifeWays, utilizing established criteria and clinical skills to screen individuals for community mental health eligibility and provide appropriate interventions to individuals presenting in crisis. In all situations, the RN incorporates LifeWays' mission, vision and values into the decision making process.
1. Welcomes all individuals by demonstrating empathy and providing opportunity for the person presenting to describe their situation, problems and functioning difficulties, exhibiting excellent customer service skills and working with them in a non-judgmental way.
2. Performs all duties as assigned to ensure the Medical Services department runs efficiently and effectively. Duties include but are not limited to: medication administration/injections, nursing medication reviews, nursing education with consumers, health assessments, screenings (examples include fall risk, PHQ9, ACES, etc), vitals, medication pre-authorizations, provides timely response to consumer inquiries, referrals, care coordination with health care providers, and acting on care alerts as assigned.
3. Administers and monitors medication as ordered by the psychiatrists; complete document tracking within established timeframes.
4. Provides support to the Clinical Care Division for any interventions requiring medication administration or to assess possible emergent health concerns.
5. Attends to the calls regarding prescriptions and any other nursing calls within timeliness standards.
6. Provides needed assistance to consumers including prescriptions, referrals, lab work and other needs as identified.
7. Assures Tele-Medicine equipment is functional and area is free of clutter.
8. Responsible for administering the lab procedure and monitoring of Clozaril labs and documenting in appropriate database.
9. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Associates degree in nursing, required.
RN license in good standing with the State of Michigan, required.
Credentialing requirements for ongoing clinical privileges with LifeWays.
National Provider Identification (NPI) Number, upon hire.
CPI non-violent Crisis Intervention training, upon hire.
CPR, AED, and First Aid Training, upon hire
Mental Health Frist Aid Training, upon hire
Must have reliable transportation
Master's degree in related health field in addition to RN.
Professional certifications to support a culture of nursing excellence.
Web Id: 0009956641