School PsychologistLENOX PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Lenox Public Schools
Posting Dates March 29 to April 16, 2019
To be filled by May 15, 2019
Compensation is per LEA contract
Position available beginning with the 2019-20 school year
Position performs specialized psychological work in an educational setting to enable students to achieve optimal learning. Position collects, interprets, and synthesizes information about a student's sensory motor/perceptual functioning, academic achievement, intelligence, social/emotional adjustment, and significant crises that influence academic and behavioral functioning. Position works cooperatively as an interdisciplinary team member to provide services and to devise an appropriate service plan for referred students and their families.
- Master's degree and MA DESE license as a School Psychologist.
- Ability to synthesize and interpret diagnostic and assessment data.
- Comprehensive knowledge of school psychology theory, child development, tests and measurements, and crisis management.
- Ability to practically apply assessment, counseling, interviewing, and crisis intervention skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Must possess excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community agencies, students, families, team members, and others.
Non-discrimination and equal opportunity are the policy of the Lenox Public Schools in all of its educational programs, activities, and employment practices. No person shall be discriminated against or excluded from participation or workplace advancement on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, limited English proficiency, housing status, or disability.