Site CoordinatorLatchkey Child Services, Inc.
Latchkey takes the responsibility of selecting staff for its programs seriously. We realize that our programs operate within schools; and, we work with our staff to maintain a professional environment. Employees are required to wear uniforms and respect all individual school policies as well as those of Latchkey. Thorough background checks, including personal and business references, criminal history investigations and sex offender registry are conducted on all employees. Each site is assigned at least one teacher with a national professional credential.
All Latchkey teachers receive entry level training upon being hired. Employees also receive annual program and policy training, adult & child CPR, and first aid. Ongoing training and development is important to Latchkey.
Latchkey looks for the following employee attributes:
- Desire to work with children
- Knowledge of child development
- Experience working with children
- Degree/credential or currently working towards a degree/credential in early childhood development or education
- Member of the community in which the program is located
- Professional attitude and high level of responsibility
- Commitment to professionalism and personal growth