Summit County Government Landfill/ Recycling Department
- Gatehouse Clerk
Hiring Range: $15.62 - $17.18
The Summit County Resource Allocation Park (Landfill) is seeking a regular full time Gatehouse Clerk.
This is a position that combines customer service skills, computer and bookkeeping abilities, and physical labor. Primary duties as a Gatekeeper includes being a scale house attendant, greeting customers, initiating the various daily transactions involved with materials entering the landfill and recycling center, collections and reporting daily entries, cash handling, and working with the public. The Gatehouse Clerk also works as a "floater" in both landfill and recycling operations as well as gatehouse duties, and all other duties associated with the landfill and recycling operation as assigned.
- Computer, math, and communication skills are required.
- A bookkeeping background is helpful.
- Two years of Customer Service experience required.
- Must work well within a team as well as independently.
- Must have the ability to lift a minimum of 75 lbs, stand/move all day, and work outside (in all weather conditions) as needed.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts including week days, Saturdays and holidays.
Successful applicants are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen, have a clear motor vehicle record (MVR), obtain a drug and alcohol release from previous employers (if applicable) and complete a background check and reference check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.