Program Manager #2019001.01Land Bank Twin Cities
The Program Manager manages and supports Land Bank Twin Cities programmatic activities, ensuring effective delivery and daily operational flow of the Land Bank Twin Cities’ Community Lending and Strategic Acquisition programs.
The Land Bank Twin Cities captures strategic real estate opportunities to benefit people with low to moderate incomes, prioritizing people of color and populations facing barriers. Because we envision a time when all people have the opportunity to live and prosper in a community of their choice, we work to give mission-driven organizations the edge in real estate. We serve developers, nonprofit service providers, and government through brokering, land banking, and lending to the benefit of our mission. The Land Bank Twin Cities, Inc. is a nonprofit organization.
The Program Manager supports Land Bank Twin Cities programmatic activities. ensuring effective delivery and daily operational flow of the Land Bank Twin Cities’ Community Lending and Strategic Acquisition programs. The following is not an exhaustive list of the duties of the position; rather, it is a broad description of the work and major performance requirements.
1. Overarching Program Management and Support
- Understands and applies Delegation of Authority, understands, applies, and ensures compliance with Program Policies and Procedures.
- Understands, applies, and ensures compliance with requirements of funding to Land Bank Twin Cities.
- Prepares and reviews reports, performs research, and additional program and administrative duties as requested or assigned.
- Manages NCST First Look program through REO Match.
- Provides technical assistance to developers.
- Updates and maintains master form document templates in areas of responsibility.
- Gathers and reviews developer and property due diligence items.
- Provides CFO with information required and requested for spread and analysis of financial statements.
- Prepares board and committee memoranda.
- Creates and implements systems/processes for programmatic efficiency and capacity building.
- Manages data collection and reporting to ensure accurate reflection of programs’ activities, progress, requirements, and outcomes.
2. Performs Strategic Acquisition program specific activities
- Is primary contact for all property management.
- Creates and manages building, tenant, manager, and vendor relationships at held (Land Bank Twin Cities owned) properties.
- Assists Sr. Program Manager with creation of new opportunities, market research and gathering of data.
- Corresponds with and monitors developer parties during interim hold.
- Assists Sr. Program Manager in performing project analysis and vetting of strategic acquisition opportunities.
3. Performs Community Lending program (loans to developers) specific activities
- Is primary contact for sources of loans to developers.
- Collects and reviews new developer due diligence items required for approval into Land Bank Twin Cities loan programs.
- Performs project analysis, presents lending opportunities, negotiates terms, and ensures due diligence and program requirements are met.
- Ensures developer compliance with loan requirements and community standards.
- Manages and processes loan originations and servicing.
- Monitors maturities of individual property loans and master credit facilities.
- Collects and reviews reporting for current Land Bank Twin Cities developers and reports on subsidies provided to developers.
4. Manages Closings
- Communicates, collaborates, and cooperates with staff to accomplish tasks necessary to close/fund.
- Direct outside counsel to draft legal documents for leasing, loan, and acquisition and resale transactions.
- Coordinates, prepares, collects, reviews, and evaluates due diligence.
- Prepares closing documents.
- Schedules closings and coordinates with all parties.
- Confirms due diligence and accuracy of closing documents and related funding, ensuring all terms of transaction approvals have been met.
- Collects and processes post-closing documentation, data and records, and ensures storage of both paper and electronic files and related documentation.
- Requests counsel to prepare, then approves and issues mortgage modifications and loan satisfactions.
5. Additional Tasks
- Collaborate and cooperate with all staff to advance the mission of Land Bank Twin Cities and achieve goals of the strategic and business plans.
- Maintain a good understanding of the big-picture activities and goals of Land Bank Twin Cities while attending to individual responsibilities and tasks.
The Land Bank Twin Cities seeks a cordial individual who possesses and will utilize the following: experience in and knowledge of lending related to single family, multifamily, and commercial projects; acquiring and managing property; strong skills in organization, written and oral communication, documentation, and problem solving; proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite; ability to work independently, in a courteous and professional demeanor, cooperatively and constructively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds, to gather information and meet requirements while working within deadlines; prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a detail-oriented manner. Minimum education of an Associate’s Degree, or post-high school equivalent training, and minimum of two years transferable experience in property transactions. Real estate license and experience with nonprofits preferred. A successful candidate will have the professional experience, skills, and commitment needed to work with the Land Bank Twin Cities and our partners as we work to realize our mission.
The Land Bank Twin Cities will offer a competitive wage and benefits package, to be negotiated with the Senior Program Manager. This 40 hr/wk exempt position reports to the Senior Program Manager. The Land Bank Twin Cities is an equal opportunity employer.