Open House - Substitute TeachersLakes and Pines CAC
Lakes and Pines Head Start is recruiting Teachers to contract with us on an as needed basis. Locations include Chisago City, Cloquet and Mora
As a Substitute Teacher you will make a difference in the lives of children and families by:
* Assisting in Head Start with arts and crafts, circle time, sensory time and much more.
* Assisting with the bus route, including enforcing standards of safety participating in program recruitment activities.
* Preparing and/or implementing lesson plans to follow Federal Head Start Standards.
* Ensuring the classroom adheres to state license standards.
* Enhancing the learning experience for Lakes and Pines' children and families.
Duties vary dependent upon the position you are contracting for.
Why Teachers decide to contract with us:
* $18.95 - $19.95 per hour dependent upon the position you are contracting for.
* Valuable networking opportunities.
* Permanent placement opportunities.
* The opportunity to gain experience in the classroom.
* Making a difference in the lives of children and families.
* Must possess a Child Development Associate (CDA) or equivalent or a 2 year degree in Early Childhood Education dependent upon the position you are contracting for
* Must be willing & able to work with low-income families
* Must possess knowledge in adult learning styles
* Must have the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with adults and children
* Must have willingness to work in classroom environments
* Must possess (or obtain prior to beginning contract) first aid/CPR training and AHT/Suids training
* Must be flexible, including the willingness and ability to fill in with minimal advanced notice
Attendance at one of the upcoming open houses is required to contract with Lakes and Pines.
Open House dates are as follows:
* August 5, 2019 located at the Cloquet Head Start Center (1418 Doddridge Ave., Cloquet, MN 55720) from 3pm-6pm
* August 6, 2019 located at the Chisago City Head Start Center (28005 Old Towne Road, Chisago City, MN 55013) from 3pm-6pm
* August 8, 2019 located at the Mora Head Start Center (1700 Maple Ave. East, Mora, MN 55051) from 3pm-6pm
Reasonable accommodations made upon request. Minorities, women, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Lakes and Pines is an equal opportunity employer.