Supervisor – Wastewater Central Maintenance #2020-7Lake County Department of Utilities
Supervisor – Wastewater Central Maintenance
The Lake County Department of Utilities is accepting applications for the position of Wastewater Central Maintenance Supervisor at the Gary L. Kron Water Reclamation Facility (GLKWRF) in Mentor, OH. Applicants must have a High School diploma or GED, a valid Ohio Driver’s license with a safe driving record, five (5) years in wastewater treatment plant maintenance supervising, overseeing and directing a maintenance staff of at least ten (10) employees and extensive knowledge of mechanical and electrical components of wastewater equipment.
Applicants should have experience in the following areas:
• Supervises the daily plant maintenance of the wastewater treatment facilities, subordinate plant maintenance staff and laborers
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, evaluates and supervises the work of maintenance
• Schedules work assignments and trains employees on safety precautions and methods
• Maintains records of all plant equipment maintenance schedules and inventory
• Orders supplies to maintain inventory to ensure adequate stocks of parts, tools, and supplies
• Schedules corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance to keep all equipment, machinery and structures in good operating condition
• Provides on the job training to new employees and in-house sessions to provide training in new maintenance schedules and procedures
• Troubleshoots plant equipment and machinery operating conditions
• Ability to work effectively with other County departments and public officials
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M.F.H.V.