L&M Radiator's legacy as one of the world's leading providers of cooling and heat transfer solutions began more than 64 years ago. We are consistently striving to improve our quality, whether pertaining to our product or our services. Commitment to our values has helped us acquire acceptance in the mining industry, and we have evolved into a premier global supplier of precision-engineered cooling and heat transfer solutions.
We are looking for a full-time Software Developer/Programmer that is looking to create and design programs that will enhance what we do and increase our efficiencies in how we do it. We have an innovate thinking culture that embraces new advances and changes. With our people first culture we strive to stay on top in our industry through the beautiful minds of our people. If you'd like to experience the Mesabi Difference, Come and join our team today!
Overall responsible for custom software development and maintenance for all of L&M. This position will develop specifications for moderately complex software programming applications and modify/maintain the existing software. They will participate in design and coding activities with other staff members and perform other IT and IS duties and functions as directed by supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
* Develop/design and code custom software solutions that solve company problems.
* Maintain, modify, and debug existing applications and software solutions.
* Maintain Documentation of all custom applications and change logs.
* Ability to troubleshoot Mac software and programs to include computer and cell phone devices.
* Assist IT department with general networking and system administration work when needed.
* Communicate effectively with other departments regarding software solutions.
* Performs work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines/procedures.
* Performs related work as required by supervisor.
* Domestic and international travel required and could involve weekend travel depending on the project.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
* Regular and Reliable Attendance.
* Knowledge and understanding of Object-Oriented programming.
* Experience with .NET framework (VB, C#, ASP).
* Experience with Microsoft Access, Oracle DB, and SQL.
* Ability to work under pressure and establish priorities.
* Ability to communicate effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
* Use of electronic devices and communication tools needed.
* Work independently and with fellow employees.
* Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug/alcohol and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
* High School Diploma or GED with 2 years of experience as a software developer OR 4-year BS degree in Computer Science
* Experience and/or knowledge of cross platform software development (PC????MAC).
* Experience with MAC, HTML/CSS, Excel
We offer competitive wages and benefit package that includes Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k), Profit Sharing, Production Bonuses, PTO, Holidays, and company provided shop uniforms.