Administrative AssociateKU Watkins Health Services
Watkins Health Services
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This position serves as the primary administrative support for the Watkins Health Services (WHS) Administration Department and will interact with students, the public, other university units, and WHS departments.
The incumbent in this position will see, hear and possibly have access to confidential information that must be handled in accordance with all relevant state and federal laws and University policies and procedures regarding its use and disclosure.
WHS utilizes computer technology in all aspects of its operations, including an electronic health record system. The incumbent must become familiar with and be able to use the appropriate computer hardware and software programs associated with this position.
The incumbent must become familiar with and adhere to the Watkins Health Services Customer Experience Plan to ensure appropriate interaction and positive outcomes with both internal and external customers.
Watkins Health Services is a unit in Student Affairs.
40% Administrative Support
- Provides assistance to the WHS Director and Associate Directors regarding department programs and functions as necessary.
- Maintains the administrative appointment schedules/calendars for the Administrative staff through the online resources of Watkins Health Services.
- Serves as the primary scheduler for all conference rooms within Watkins Health Services as well as scheduling meetings for all WHS standing committees and meetings for groups & classes.
- Acts as the liaison between WHS and CAPS in scheduling the various conference rooms located within the health center, determining which meetings get priority in scheduling. Maintains a daily listing of all meetings to be held in the Health Center and posts a calendar of these events outside the various conference rooms and in the appropriate places within the Watkins Health Services.
- Processes phone calls and greets visitors, patients, and WHS employees coming to the Administrative area.
- Uses independent judgment to interpret and/or respond internally to routine questions on personnel or administrative policies and knows when to refer those questions/problems to the appropriate administrative staff.
- -Keeps an accurate file of all meeting minutes. Records minutes from the Full Staff Meetings.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting paperwork through the appropriate University process for all recruitment types. Responsible for initiating and gathering the initial paperwork on all new hires.
- Meets with all new hires and assists them in completing the necessary paperwork for WHS.
- Responsible for initiating the process for staff to obtain and/or change their Information System Access.
- Compiles and updates WHS and departmental organizational charts that accurately depict department function at all levels.
- Updates position descriptions as necessary and initiates hiring searches in the recruitment system. Arranges for advertising. Schedules interviews with qualified applicants.
- Maintains employee database describing employee name, position number, job title, start date, department, and termination date as appropriate.
- Assists in the completion of personnel related functions and correspondence. Establishes and maintains personnel files.
- Maintains the Administrative files.
- Serves as payroll representative for Health Services and insures input of current payroll information on a bi-weekly basis. Runs appropriate reports each pay period & reviews for accuracy.
- Orders supplies for the department. Keeps supply cabinet up-to-date and well stocked.
- Researches articles and updates WHS scrapbook.
- Develops/maintains spreadsheets/tables for the purpose of tracking various customer satisfaction surveys within WHS.
1. High School Diploma or completion of GED equivalency.
2. A minimum of two years of office experience or two years of post-secondary education.
3. Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Outlook scheduling.
4. Customer service experience, as evidenced by application materials.
5. Current CPR certification or within six months of hire.
1. Demonstrated organizational skills.
2. Experience with HR/Pay Payroll Systems.
For Full Details and to Apply please visit us at: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25752&siteid=5541#jobDetails=3976872_5541