Temporary Entry Office Position
Temporary Entry Office Position
Kootenai Electric Cooperative is located in scenic North Idaho, the heart of abundant recreational opportunities. Settled in a beautiful lakefront mountain setting, it is a favorite destination for tourists. Just outside our back door are national forests, lakes, rivers, and trails offering plenty of opportunities for hiking, biking, boating/water sports, fishing, hunting, golfing, snow sports, and much more. The four distinct seasons offer recreational opportunities year-round. The Coeur d'Alene/Hayden metropolitan area also offers a variety of entertainment and shopping venues and is a short 45-minute drive to Spokane, Washington and access to domestic and international air travel. This position is expected to last approximately 4 months. This is an entry level position. The primary purpose of this position is to provide courteous and professional service to KEC members, employees, and visitors to Kootenai Electric Cooperative. The incumbent will work at the front reception desk and will perform a variety of office-type duties related to reception.
- Safety: Adhere to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, rules, and practices. Use of Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take individual responsibility in managing safety risks and reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices. Respond positively to safety-oriented feedback. Contribute to a culture of safety.
- Quality of Work: Produce thorough work, free of errors. Seek feedback, make corrections as needed. Identify problems and solve them. Strive to improve processes. Work collaboratively with team members to implement systemic changes.
- Productivity: Complete assigned work in a timely fashion. Utilize slow periods productively. Produce amount and volume expected, at accepted speed.
- Technical Skills/Job Knowledge: Demonstrate appropriate level of understanding of technical skills in area of expertise, technology, products, and/or processes involved. Perform assigned duties. Keep current on changes. Competent with all technology and industry best practices necessary to perform job. Maintain necessary certification(s).
- Communication: Oral and written communication clearly convey information. Keep others informed of activities and problems in timely manner. Listen well. Respond appropriately and respectfully.
- Teamwork/Ability To Work With Others: Demonstrate ability to work in positive manner with co-workers and/or customers with differing backgrounds, opinions, capabilities, etc. Willingly share skills, competencies, and knowledge with others. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships. Contribute effectively to group efforts. Promote harmony. Agree to disagree without damaging relationships.
- Accountability: Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Arrive on-time and be prepared to work. Accept responsibility for work and actions. Be reliable.
- Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, high ethical standards, and respect for all team members, co-workers, and KEC members.
- Professionalism: Always address internal and external customers with courtesy and respect. Dress in work attire appropriate to the position. Communicate business information in timely fashion, using means of communication appropriate to the situation.
- Support of Cooperative Goals, Policies, and Procedures: Support Cooperative goals. Adhere to all Cooperative policies and procedures. Understand that internal customer and external member focus is always top priority. Contribute effectively in support of that priority.
- Problem-Solving: Use sound logic and methodology to solve problems. Explore multiple sources for answers, as required. Able to identify hidden problems. Propose solutions.
Job Responsibilities/ Essential Functions
- Provides member and visitor reception
- Responds to inquiries related to KEC services and member privileges. Answers phones, directs calls, takes messages and contacts members by phone as required.
- Performs computer data entry to input and update member information.
- Completes and files service requests for other departments.
- Processes payments at front reception counter.
- Ensures proper handling of all member information for efficient operations. Ensures confidentiality of member records.
- Prepares mail for processing.
- Non-Essential Functions:
- Performs other duties as required.
Applications submitted by October 21 will be given priority consideration. Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status.